Rioja wines are, together with Jerez wines, the most emblematic wines of Spanish wine production. In this designation of origin red wines stand out, but Rioja also has wonderful white wines and rosé wines. In the case of the wines of La Rioja, particularly its red wines, it should be noted that although they have a winemaking tradition, the great leap that placed them among the best wines in the world was made in the last quarter of the 20th century, caused by the modernization that affected both vineyards and winemaking. Rioja wine production is approximately 250 million liters, of which 85% is made from the Tempranillo variety (red wine) and the remaining 15% is white wine produced with the Viura variety.
Latitude: 27 - 31 degrees
Acres: 160618.5 (65000 hectares)
Viticultural Areas: 3